It pours...
So, last night about 7pm my boss called me. He asked if I could have a meeting with him in the office at 9am. I was already planning on being in the office, so I thought this was strange. He had called Les too, we were going to have a meeting together. Because he has been so wishy-washy the past few months, I had no idea what this was all about. I kept hoping that he just wanted to say how well we took on the changes of the new company. But in my heart, I really didn't think that was it.
So I showed up in the office at 8am. Les was there just a minute after me. Together we tried to figure out what was happening. Of course neither of us had any idea what to expect. So for the next hour, we drove ourselves crazy.
At 9am Boss called and said he was running late. He would be in about 9:30. At 9:45 he showed up. He said good morning. and the conversation went like this...
Boss - Ok. First I'd like to thank you both for being here on time. I have made a decision that I am content with, and I'm ready to stick with it. I'm letting you both go. I want my company to grow, so I'm bringing in a temp to take over all duties.
~Long Pause~
Me - If I may ask, did we not live up to the expectations you gave for us? What did we do wrong?
Boss - I just need to change things.
Les - If you're going to fire us on the spot, you owe us at least that.
Boss - Well, I want my company to grow. I have asked that you both make several changes, including being in the office each day, and you have both been doing that and have exceeded my expectations. I appreciate all you have done.
~Long Pause~
Les and I just looked at each other...WTF???
Boss - Les, I will pick up all company property on Monday. Please have it ready. Kim, before you leave, please remove all personal data from your laptop, and leave it here.
Boss - Good news is, you'll be able to get unemployment, and I am working on a severance package.
~Gee thats great news~ (Whatever)
So much has happened to me this month. I just don't know what else could possibly happen. I wish it would stop. I just don't think I can take one more thing.
I talked to Rob tonight, and he was speechless. He was a little angry, but not with me. He just didn't get it...you're doing a great job, you're fired. Makes no sense. But we'll make things work. I am going to file unemployment, and look for another job. Even a part time job if thats all I can get. Anything with income will help.
Good news is that today was the last day of school for Spring Break. T is out of school until March 20th. So, we will have time together. Started with a movie tonight...
Friday, March 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment