Today was a good day.
I don't know if there is a true reason...I wasn't exceptionally busy, where I didn't have time to think. Nothing wonderfully fulfilling took place. I just feel better today.
I was going to write about the mean lady from the fertility clinic who called because I haven't finished paying for my procedure. I am not behind in payments. And actually I had to call them a couple of days ago because they were double billing me. She was just having a nasty day I guess...
Instead I want to write about something that makes me happy...my family.
My son T is awesome. He is eight, and extremely smart. He is the love of my life. When God chose me to be his mom, I had no idea how much I would grow as a person. When I found out I was pregnant with T, I really didn't believe the dr. For so many years I thought I'd never have a child, and I had accepted that fate. Suddenly she was saying I was pregnant? She was wrong. It was impossible. So I went home and POAS...+ Two days later I POAS...+ Couple of days later I POAS...+ I must have used a dozen HPTs. And they were all +
I have to say that I was pretty lucky with the pregnancy. No morning sickness. Felt great. Continued to do all the things I liked to do...hiking, biking, swimming, roller blading. Nothing stopped me. Two weeks before T was born, I hiked to the top of Stoney Peak. Felt great.
T's entrance into this world was crazy. First I had the flu. YUK! I was cranky. I wanted to sleep. But was having contractions. I labored for several hours. No drugs. And when they finally said he was really close, they were going to call the dr. So at 2am the dr walks in, says hello, and before she could get both arms in the gown, T was flying out. Good catch Doc.
This entrance set the pace for my baby today. T doesn't do anything until he is ready. And when he is ready, you had better be ready.
The other members of our family are Serra the guinea pig. He is 4 years old, and just a funny little creature, loves to chirp. Goldie the gold fish. He was a white fish T won at the fair 3 years ago, now he is gold. And Jack. Jack is our crazy dog. Jack thinks he is human. He is 1 year old, still a pup, still getting in trouble. But just a sweet little guy. He loves chasing T, and waking him up in the morning.
And then there is my husband. The love of my life. I will tell the story of my husband and I at another time.
We are truly blessed to have each other. And I thank God every day!!


No comments:
Post a Comment