Life as we know it...

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pre-Deployment Training

Got up early this morning to take Rob to the airport. He has another training before his deployment next month. He had to be at the airport at 5am, ugh! Why doesn't the Army ever fly them out at 10am? He will be gone for 2 1/2 weeks. Which isn't that long, but it is. I'll deal.

Time is going to move really quickly now. Once he gets home, he will be here for two weeks. We have some paperwork to finish, some finances to get in order, he will need to leave a couple of deposits for me to try IVF again, and he will have his deployment farewell celebration. And then off to New Jersey for his mobilization. Can't believe the deployment is almost here. I know I have been through this before, but it doesn't get easier.

This will be the hardest deployment yet. With the pending IVF, the recent miscarriage and all the hormones, he has been my rock. Not sure who I can count on to be there for me when I need to talk, or am feeling especially sad and vulnerable. Any suggestions?

During the last deployment, I had sent him a box each month with a theme (Dec = Xmas, Jan = A new year, Feb = Love, etc) I think I will start putting together new themes to use this time. Plus I sent him a card every day!! It helps to pass the time to continue to do things for him. If you've ever been through a deployment, you know how important it its to keep busy.

Obviously once summer gets here, I will have plenty to keep me busy, with the next IVF. In the meantime, T goes back to school on Tuesday from Spring Break. I want to start putting together to program for myself, I'd like to lose a few pounds and find peace in my heart and mind.

Jack and I are going to start walking each morning.
T and I are going to start doing Yoga for mental peace.
And I am looking into a fitness class.
Plus, I'm still looking for a job.

And life goes forward...

1 comment:

  1. I know this deployment will be very hard for you. You'll make it through. As far as who will you turn to...the fertility forum that we are a part of is a wonderful place, but a few of us women have also formed bonds outside of the forum. We all ourselves the Curly's (LOL don't ask about the name) but we friended on FB, we talk on skype, and it has REALLY helped to have people there who understand. Look me up on FB www.facebook.com/lilbodybigheart and don't hesitate to contact me if you need to.

    ReplyDelete