So, my brother called me today. He and my SIL are expecting their 3rd child, due in August. Plus, she has two from her first marriage. So, they have a 5yo and 2 1/2yo girls. My brother so desperately wants a boy.
They had their sonogram this afternoon. They want to find out the sex. The baby was being difficult. But the Dr said it looks like a girl.
So my brother called to tell me..."life sucks, I have such bad luck. Looks like another girl." And he wants to know "Why he's being punished".
Are you kidding me?? WTF?!?
Dear God, please punish me this way, please give me this kind of 'bad luck'. I was so mad that he would even say that.
How about this...Give me this girl. Since you guys like having babies, try again for a boy. And when you get another girl. I'll take that one too. You keep trying for that boy that is so important to you, and I'll build my family of girls. Sounds like a win-win situation.
Now, I shouldn't be upset with him. He doesn't know about our IF issues. I never wanted to tell him, because he is the type of person who would rub my nose in it. But still, you shouldn't be so negative about such a beautiful moment in life. You never know what the person you are talking to has gone through.
I have learned that nothing should be taken for granted, and to appreciate every precious moment.
Anyways, just wanted to get this off of my chest. UGH!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment