Life as we know it...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hanging in there

I didn't realize how long it has been since I posted. So to catch you up...
On May 3rd, I decided to transfer 3 grade A embryos. I know there was always a chance for mulitples. But I was willing to risk that. And I'm glad I did, because of the 11 remaining embryos, we only had 8 left to freeze. But RE was concerned because they weren't growing properly, he wanted to hold them until day 6 before freeze. Well, on day 6 he called to tell me that none of them made it overnight. I had no embryos to freeze. I was so sad. And because of that, I figured this pregnancy wasn't going to work. But I continued to hope, pray, meditate, do my accupuncture and cross my fingers.
My transfer went well. 3 grade A embryos. My big hope!! The RE and Lab were running a little behind. Which I was ok with (because I had Valium). But then we got into the room, and they started pushing the sonogram wand onto my abdomen (with a full bladder). I was crying because I was so worried about peeing ont he table. Funny to think of now. Anyways, I went home, rested, and stayed in bed mostly for 3 days.
My blood test was on Friday the 13th. The RE offered to change it to the 12 if I was superstitious, but I said no. It is my lucky day. So I went in for my Friday the 13th Beta and then went to work. Not really excited, because I figured it wouldn't be positive. RE called me at about 1pm, and dang it if he didn't say I was pregnant!! My beta was low, 31.5, but pregnant none the less.
The key is to double the beta every 48-72 hours.
My second blood test was today, 47 hours later. And my beta was still low, 58. Thats a doubling time of 51 hours. Still within range. Dr. said that was a good rise. But I need a third beta on Wednesday. PLEASE double!!!
I'm not really sure what I feel. I know I am exhausted. I know I pee alot. Sometimes my stomach feels weird. But I also have been spotting a little too. No more cramping, that makes me feel better. And the heartburn comes and goes. I am still bloated. But for now, and optimistically for the next 8 months, I am pregnant. Due January 18th, 2012. Fantastic!!

7 years of hard work! Please baby come and meet your mommy, daddy and big brother!!

No comments:

Post a Comment