Life as we know it...

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

5w6d

What in the world did our mothers do without constant access to Dr. Google??? Sometimes it's a blessing. Most times, though, I suspect it's a curse for us. For instance, did you know that abnormally high levels of HCG can indicate a molar pregnancy? Those same high levels can also be a marker for Down's. Yes, thank you Dr. Google; I feel so much more reassured now knowing that it's not written in stone that I'm carrying multiples. Well, on the flip side, they can also indicate that it's a girl or boy. Yes, I know: step away from the computer.

HCG comes in such a wide range. At 3w HCG is between 5-50, at 4w it is between 5-426, and at 5w between 18-7340. Does this mean low HCGs are good? Well, according to my RE, so long as the HCG is doubling every 48-72 hours life is good. According to Dr. Google low HCGs can be a sign of a non-viable pregnancy. I choose to believe my RE!! He is afterall a real life person.

I am trying to back away from Dr. Google (which is extreemly hard) and back away from my IF forum. I am getting so much information, and it is hard to know what is true and what isn't. Basically it all boils down to we are all different. What works for you, may not work for me. Because you had a low HCG and then m/c, doesn't mean that because I have a low HCG that I will m/c. I really need the support, but the stress of all the "what-ifs" and MrsX is talking about her m/c. Is too much for me.

My u/s is next Thursday. Only 9 days to go! I will stay off of Dr. Google!!! I will back off the IF forum. I will be happy and pray to see a little heart beating!

~~Thank you God for the opportunity to carry this blessed child. Please watch over him/her as they continue to grow.~~

No comments:

Post a Comment