Life as we know it...

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hard To Say GoodBye

Damn it! Whoever said that saying good bye to your deployed soldier gets easier over time, was obviously never an Army wife. I can hardly believe how quickly our two weeks went by. I enjoyed having Rob home so much!
In the two weeks Rob was home, we spent so much time together! We spent time with my family, time together in Hollywood, and away as a family at our timeshare. Time I needed with my dear husband. We even got to go on a little movie date!! Just the two of us.
I also wanted him to be involved in the pregnancy, so he pulled the cradle out of storage, cleaned it and fixed it up. We started our registry, which was so much fun!! And we talked about names, which is definitely a challenge. It is so hard to come up with great boy names. He is going to miss so much, birthing classes, shopping, decorating, feeling the baby move, doctors appointments. It is so hard on me to think about this.
This morning at 5:00am I drove Rob to the airport. I HATE the drive to the airport!! Pulling up to the drop off! Watching him pull out his bag. Knowing that I was going to have to say the words that hurt so much. He pulled me inot his arms, and kissed me. Hugged me. He said good bye. And me? All I could say was I LOVE YOU! My heart was aching. I immediately was in tears. I konw the hormones don't help, but it kills me to not have my best friend here with me! I just want to cry! My heart feels so heavy!!
I am proud to be an Army wife, but I hate sharing my heart!!

December can't come soon enough!! Hurry home and be safe!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment