There is a commercial that I've seen on tv recently, I can't remember the product, but the woman says..."When my children were babies, they were so sweet, I could have eaten them up. Some days, I wish I had!!" I laugh every time I hear this.
Today was one of those days. T has been so difficult recently, and I don't know why. He has been sassing me, back talking, ignoring me, walking away from me...basically a teenager, except that he is 9. WTH?!?!
During Robotics, his robot wasn't working EVERY time. It worked many times though. But each time he ran it, he would stand up and say "I quit" or "I give up". He was just being negative. He started talking back to me, and I had to take him outside and I spanked his butt!! What made him think that was ok?? Really?? He stood outside, nose to the wall, and cried until we were done. Once we got into the car, we talked about being respectful, and not being rude. We talked about not talking back, and fulfilling his obligations to the team. He cried all the way home.
I don't understand why he feels the need to push my buttons. I asked him, and he doesn't have an answer. I asked him if he thinks it makes me feel good to punish and yell at him, and he said yes. Doesn't he understand how much it bothers me to punish him? UGH!!!!
Makes me wonder sometimes if I am doing a good job. But I keep telling myself that I am doing my absolute best!!
Thank God I love him so much!! <3
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment