I knew this day was coming. Today is Veterans Day. It is the day that we celebrate the rememberance of all the service men and women who have served out country, are serving and will serve. Thank you to all those heros God has blessed us with.
But, what most don't know is that it is also a very sad day for me. It is the day that will forever be burned into my heart. It is the day that will always hold sadness because I will not be able to hold my baby. Today was the day I was due to bring my baby into this world.
I knew I would be sad. I did not look forward to this day. I do feel sad. I feel like a piece of me is missing. And I cry. I cry because I could not protect my little angel. My heart is broken. I am sorry my little angel. I am sorry that I was not hero enough to protect you. I am sorry that I could not bring you to meet your father, my true hero, my soldier.
I think of you daily, and hope that God is taking care of you until we meet again. I loved you even before I met you. And I love you still.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment