Life as we know it...

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hard To Say GoodBye

The weekend has come and gone...

On Friday morning, Ty and I drove Rob to Los Angeles to check in with his Army unit. It was a little tough, but we knew that we'd see him one more time before he left. We dropped Rob off at 8am, and then I decided to take Ty to breakfast at a McDonalds where I worked when I was a teenager. This breakfast started a whole trip down memory lane.
After breakfast we drove by my first apartment, so many wonderful memories there. I drove past my high school, and my best friends parents house (actually surprised I remembered how to get there). Then we went to my middle school and elementary school. I drove past grandmas old house. Then we went to Rose Hills to put flowers on grandpas grave. Continued to drive around for another couple of hours, places I lived, places I used to hang out. Talked to my BF John, and Ty and I went over and spent the day with him. It was a great day, and a wonderful trip down memory lane. I was so happy!!

On Saturday, the Army was having a deployment ceremony for the unit leaving. My brother and his family came. I told him that it started at 9:30am, and it was a good thing, cause apparently he doesn't know how to tell time. I told him to take the 60 to the 605, because it was the fastest. But no, he had to go his own route. Which took forever. Then he decided at 9:40 that he needed to stop for gas. We finally got to the unit at 10:05am. We were late. The ceremony had already started at 10. I was so frustrated!!
I was very surprised, because once the ceremony was done, Rob was free to spend time with us. So we all went to lunch, and then hung out at my brothers. It was a good day.

On Sunday, we hung out, and my parents came. We had a nice visit. But then I had to take Rob back to his unit to check back in. I was so sad. Rob said goodbye to Jack. Rob hugged T. And then it was my turn. I was so hurt and sad. I never know how to say goodbye, so I hug him, and then I can't let go. It hurts.
Once I let go, T and I drove home. It was a fine ride. But, I hurt. T, Jack and I all climbed into my bed, and slept there together.

Today, being Memorial Day, T and I did nothing. In fact, T stayed in his jammies all day. We had a lazy day. I needed that. But as I sit here, at midnight, I realize how much I miss him. I can still feel his arms around me. I can still feel the warmth of his body against me. I can still feel his lips on mine. But sadly, I won't be able to hold him again for a very long time. I realize as I sit here that a year is a long time. Too long!!

Tomorrow I will begin getting myself back into a routine. The year will go so slowly if I don't get my act together. So I will keep myself busy. Try to find work. Help at school. The busier I am the faster time will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment