The past week has been crazy! Robs last day of work was last week, Tuesday. Since then, we have been doing so much.
On Thursday evening, T and I drove Jack out to my brothers in Riverside to spend the week.
On Friday after school, Rob, T and I went out to Welk Resort to spend a few days having private family time. (We took T out of school for a few days) Saturday we spent most of the day at the pool, and in the recreation room. It was so relaxing. Sunday we picked Aly up, and went to Sea World. Monday, the boys went fishing, and enjoyed male bonding, while I enjoyed my book, and taking pictures. And on Tuesday, we checked out of Welk, drove out to Pala Casino, and had lunch buffet. YUMMY!! It was a great couple of days.
T went back to school on Wednesday, and Rob and I drove out to Yuma, AZ (2 1/2 Hours each way) to have lunch. It was nice to spend time with my hubby in the car, just talking, just the two of us.
Today, I had to catch up with some things at school. Rob did some packing. We went to get the POA. Talked about our finances. blah blah blah...
Tomorrow is the big day. I am taking T out of school again, and driving Rob to LA to meed his unit. He has to be there at 8am, so we have to leave by 6. Once we drop Rob off, T and I will probably drive around my old stomping grounds. I'd like to go put flowers on grandpas grave. And then we will end up at my brothers house.
Saturday is the big deployment ceremony. Not sure what to expect. But I know how sad I will be. I hate good-bye. A year is so long.
I have already been feeling the pain. I have told him that I will miss him. That I don't want him to go. That I hate good-bye. But, I don't have a choice. I saw myself pick a fight today. Because it is easier to be angry than sad. I remember doing this last time too. But we made up. And now we will say good-bye. I will try not to cry. I will try to be strong. But it is hard to lose my best friend for so long. I love my husband, my soldier, my HERO!
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment