Life as we know it...

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Its coming...

Well, time is moving quickly now...

Rob has one more week of work! UGH!! The hardest part about being an Army wife is knowing he is leaving soon, and then saying good bye!

There is so much to do! We have some paperwork to get in order. A power of attorney so I can manage all the household items and finances without him. I need an new ID card. He has lots of equipment to pack. And...Don't forget...he needs to go leave me a deposit so I can try to make him a baby!!!

So, his last day of work is on May 20th. On the 21st, T's school is doing a military appreciation spotlight ceremony (Good timing). Rob (dressed in uniform) and T will be recognized, and then off to a little breakfast. :) T is so excited. Then after we pick T up from school, we are going to our timeshare, and spending a few days there alone!! I think it is so important to have some private family time before he goes. I already talked to T's teacher, and told her that I was going to take him out of school for a few days. She was just fine with that. I think mostly we will just hang out by the pool and waterslides, watch movies, and T may go to the childrens center for arts and crafts. One day we will go to SeaWorld. I think it will be fun. We will be home on the 25th. Rob wants to drive to Yuma for lunch on the 26th, just the two of us, to our favorite place. And then he will leave on the 28th and the deployment ceremony for the family is on the 29th.

Sound like a lot of confusion, huh? It is!

I can already tell you that I hate good-byes. I don't deal with it well. In my head, I am automatically unhappy and angry. And I know that sometimes I pick fights with him, or ignore him. It seems easier than facing it. But its not, because then I feel guilty!

A year is so long. So much will happen in that year. :( And he'll miss it all.

Sometimes being an Army wife sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment