Life as we know it...

Friday, November 2, 2012

It was a scarey night...

My car died a few weeks ago. 
I got a new car yesterday.  I was so excited!  Its been so long since I had a new car.  I've been driving DH's car around for three weeks.  It is so hard to get an infant in and out of a two-door car.  So we found a car that was perfect for our family.  We had to pick the car up yesterday, so DH fixed the old car enough to drive to the car lot because he had to work.  So I drove to the car lot, parked the old car on the street and drove the new car home!  Yay!
Tonight we went to pick up the old car after DH got off of work.  I dropped DH off at the old car and waited for him to get going.  I turned the corner and about a block down I stopped at the red light.  I was sitting at the light, looked up into the mirror and said "OH GOD!!"  BAM!!  I was rear-ended! BY MY HUSBAND!  I was at a dead stop, hit in the rear at about 25-30MPH.  I immediately pulled over, he pulled in behind me.  My heart was racing.  I jumped out of the car ran to the back seat, to make sure my baby boy was ok.  He was screaming and crying.  My heart was in my throat! 
He hit us pretty hard.  He said he looked down to check the lights and when he looked up I was stopped. 
We were just talking on the way there about selling the old car because the interior and exterior are in perfect condition.  Now, the hood front bumper and front grill are crushed in  UGH!  The new car now has a broken rear bumper. 
DH was so mad at himself.  After he checked on the baby and me, he looked at my new car and was swearing at himself.  I am thankful that no one was hurt.  I told him we are all fine and that at least he hit me instead of someone else.  And it could have been worse, the airbags could have deployed.  (Thank God they didn't)  But he still feels bad. 
My heart is still nervous.  I keep checking on the baby.  I know he is fine, but it just goes to show how quickly things can happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment