Well, I had my first appointment with the midwife on Wednesday. And as expected, they are transferring me to high risk. I'm ok with that. The appointment went well, my cervix is long and closed (I think thats what she said), my bp was a tiny bit high, the baby was very active, and heartrate was 158. I got to ask all of my questions...is sex ok? Is it ok to swim? Can I do yoga? She was so super nice!!
When I left, they scheduled my appointment with the HR Dr for the 10th. Rob will be home on the 5th, and leaves on the 20th. So he will be able to come with us. I also had to call radiology to schedule my 2nd semester u/s. They said to make sure it is within 18-22 weeks. Well, I will be 18 weeks on the 18th of August, so I called radiology, and asked if they could get me in right about that time so my husband could come too. I explained the situation, and told them he leaves on the 20th back to Kuwait, and this would be the only u/s he would get to see. She said she would talk to the radiologist and call me back. When she called me back, she told me the radiologist still wanted to do the u/s at the 20th week because you get the best measurements. Ok, I understand. Then she said, as a courtesy to my DH, if I came in on the 18th (I will be exactly 18 weeks), they would do an u/s just for him. They wouldn't be able to do the measurements, but they would look for the sex of the baby. I thought that was really cool that they were willing to do that just so he could be there!!! We'll bring Tyler with us. He will be so excited to learn if he is getting a brother or sister.
The midwife said that Rob and T need to get a whooping cough vaccine. I am going to have my Rob take T to get the shot. T hates shots! I don't know if I should tell him its coming, or not.
Oh, and they are having someone from Genetic counselling contact me for an appointment because I declined the amnio.
So, I am feeling more and more comfortable. I have a few more people to tell before I announce it to the world, but I am definitely feeling much better. It is becoming more and more obvious! I have had to go buy a few more pieces of clothing, and a swimsuit! I think some people just assume that I've put on weight. But a few are starting to get curious. Ts teacher asked another teacher, whom i happen to be good friends with, if I am pregnant. My friend told her, I don't know, you'll have to ask her. Right away the teacher said "OMG she is" LOL If you ask me, I'll tell you the truth. Pray that all goes well for the next 5 1/2 months. :D
Yesterday I went to Babies R Us to buy a gift for a baby shower. It has been 10 years since I've had to buy things for my baby. While I was shopping for the gift, I started reading boxes, and picking up different items. I got so overwhelmed! A girl in the store with her new baby was trying to give me advice. Thought I was going to have a little mini meltdown. I guess I should really start researching the different items out there. I did find a cute stroller if it is a girl!! I am starting from scratch. Except that I kept the cradle T slept in.
Well, I haven't suffered from morning sickness in about a week and a half, and all of the sudden yesterday, It seems to have come back. What the heck?? I dropped T off at school, when I was pulling into the driveway at home, I started feeling nauseous, I barely made it into the house. I thought I was past this. And today, I am pretty queasy. Crazy!! Other than that, I have been feeling pretty good.
I am enjoying the cooler weather, but I bought a swimsuit, because it is supposed to be super hot again next week. Actually I bought two, because I don't know which one I really like. They were both on sale, so for two suits I think I spent $30. I will probably take one back, we'll see. The heat really kills me.
The next month should go by pretty quickly. T has one more week of school, then he has camp from Aug 1-5, Rob comes home on the 5th, OB appointment on the 10th, u/s for Rob on the 18th, Rob leaves on the 20th, official u/s on the 31st. Plus add in birthday parties, Dr appointment for T, dates with my hubby and the month is pretty much planned!! :) So happy!
~ God, please continue to watch over my little sweet pea! ~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment